Today marks a special day for my spouse and I: our anniversary. Eight years ago we both said ‘I do.’ and had no idea what that would really entail. At just 19 and 20 (me, having just graduated high school the day before), we had no idea:
- We’d live with his family for the first three years
- My parents (and brother) would move across the country
- And that we wouldn’t see them for several years
- Our first apartment would teach us so much (and be so weird)
- We’d be homeowners just four years into marriage
- That we’d actually adopt a cat, and how trying that would be at times
- Our little guy would change us and challenge us as much as he has
- That year seven would be just so hellish
There are many things we thought we knew, many things we think we know, and many things yet to learn, but through it all we’ve been at it together. I’ve grown into a stronger woman, and he’s grown into a stronger man and we’ve been privileged (and challenged) to grow with the other at our side.
Thanks for sticking it out with me, Spouse. I love and appreciate all that you bring to my life. Here’s to a new beginnings in year eight.
There are my favorite picture of us from our wedding day. Our bridal party was making us laugh about something silly.
And this is the most recent photo of us, taken on Saturday when we celebrated our anniversary early. Traditional gift shopping for year eight (bronze and pottery), lunch at home, a movie, and then some ice cream!
I’ve been fought hard in this one, you guys. Adam really encouraged me to make this video even though was I feeling like mailing it in. As per usual I have a lot more feelings on a topic than I anticipated. Please enjoy these scriptures and share some that are an encouragement to you in the comments below!
Some Bible verses I’ve been thinking on regarding this topic/some I mentioned in this video:
- So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Galatians 6:9 NLT
- This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! 2 Corinthians 5:17 NLT
- Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love Ephesians 4:2 NLT
- […] throw off your old sinful nature and your former way of life, which is corrupted by lust and deception. Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God—truly righteous and holy. Ephesians 4:22-24 NLT
- Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. Romans 12:2 NLT
- So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. Romans 8:1 NLT
- And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work. 2 Corinthians 9:8 NKJV
Don’t for a minute think I forgot to share the link for that awesome song! Here it is!
The video you’ve all been waiting for: vacation! I love the 1 Second Everyday app, it made documenting our trip so much more fun.
The idea behind ‘Vegas, Baby’ came from our two friends that came on the trip with us. Adam and I have known the brother-sister duo for (basically) their whole lives. When we originally talked about the trip Josh starting saying it and Hannah added the faction to all her calendars as ‘Vegas, Baby!”.
I could do a clip by clip breakdown for the whole video, but I’ll let you all ask questions if you have them.
Happy Wednesday. See you on Saturday.
The same day I recored this video my daily bible reading had me in Proverbs (One of my top five favorite books of the Bible, btw). Check out this great verse:
Worry weighs a person down;
an encouraging word cheers a person up.
Proverbs 12:25 NLT
When we’re discouraged or anxious or depressed or hopeless we feel heavy. Our bodies can feel heavy, even our hearts might feel heavy. But those encouraging words, loving words, kind words, thoughtful words, faithful words cheer us. They make us feel lighter. Those words can make us feel powerful.
Make someone feel powerful today.
I had a lot more thoughts and feeling regarding this topic than I originally thought. I pray this video blesses you and those you might share it with.
P.S.- I apologize for the late posting. There are been A LOT of obstacles in me getting this video out to you, I pray there’s a purpose in all of it.
P.P.S- Don’t forget the challenge from last week’s post!
LAST FOUNDATIONAL VIDEO! We made it though guys, I’m proud.
Super huge apologies to Jeff Olson, actual author of The Slight Edge. Jim Rohn is a personal development guy, but did not write this book. HERE is a link for the Slight Edge! (Let me know in the comments if you’ve read it or if you’re going to read it!)
Don’t forget to comment below if you’re interested in seeing the Throwback Thursday posts!
See you all here next week.
From here on out I’m going to make Catch Up posts on Wednesdays at lunchtime. These will give a glimpse into the daily running of our life or even some posts from the year (and change) I was not blogging.
The first thing I want to share is my 1 Second Everyday Video from April. Click HERE to learn more about the awesome app I use to make these videos!
This week I share a what brought me back to blogging, and I even share some of my dreams!
Thank you all for your support. I’ve loved hearing from you all! I pray you all can enjoy this last weekend in April. WHERE DID THIS WHOLE MONTH GO?!?!
See you next week!
P.s.- Are you all digging the thumbnails that youtube is selecting for me? I think they’re really capturing my essence.
This week’s video is a little emotional and a little longer than the last. I also decided to keep with the one take raw video route… well, that’s not 100% true. It took me four tries to actually get the video you see above.
It feels good to get some of this story out. Sharing this with you makes me feel like I’ve gotten another piece of myself back. A piece I’ve been missing since I stopped sharing my Daily Discipline journey. I pray that by sharing this I can help someone gain the courage to reach out and begin their our journey back to themselves and wholeness.
I am so blessed by your great comments, shares, follows, and encouragements. Thanks for the very warm welcome back!
See you next week.
P.s.- If you’d like to know where I got my awesome shirt, click HERE. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this shirt (SO SOFT!) and the idea behind it. Added Bonus: the woman behind the company has a great Instagram feed!
I’ve missed blogging, so I’m coming back! This is a little teaser for what is to come.
See you all back here next Saturday.